Red light therapy and chiropractic care go hand-in-hand to effectively address a wide range of health concerns. Whether you’re dealing with chronic pain and inflammation, or simply looking to optimize your overall health, the benefits of these two therapies are hard to ignore.
Red light therapy is a non-invasive treatment that uses light-based technology and has demonstrated a broad spectrum of advantages for both physical and mental health. When integrated with chiropractic care, red light therapy improves healing, diminishes discomfort, and enhances overall wellness.
How Red Light Therapy Works
Red light therapy emits low-level light that penetrates the skin and tissues. Once absorbed by the mitochondria, which are instrumental in generating cellular energy, the light instigates a surge in ATP production. ATP is the body’s primary energy source. This amplified ATP production elevates cellular performance and expedites the recovery of injured tissues. It basically kicks your body’s own healing mechanisms into high gear!
Benefits of Red Light Therapy
While it’s easy to think that red light therapy is only for treating injuries, that’s not the case. Red light therapy has proven to be effective for:
- Pain alleviation: Reduces pain by diminishing inflammation and prompting the production of endorphins, the body’s natural pain relievers.
- Injury rehabilitation: Red light therapy expedites the healing of injuries by augmenting blood flow and diminishing inflammation.
- Muscle recovery: Red light therapy reduces muscle soreness and weariness after physical activity, allowing your body to recover faster.
- Skin wellness: Red light therapy enhances skin health by decreasing wrinkles, fine lines, and age spots.
- Stress relief: Red light therapy mitigates stress and anxiety by promoting the production of serotonin, the hormone responsible for inducing positive feelings.
Red Light Therapy and Chiropractic Care
As many of you know from visiting Gindele Family Chiropractic, chiropractic care centers around using natural, drug-free methods to diagnose, treat, and prevent musculoskeletal disorders affecting the nervous system and overall well-being. We use spinal manipulation techniques to enhance your health and well-being. Adding in different modalities, like red light therapy, increases the benefits of chiropractic care. Every case and every source of pain is different and needs a complete and holistic evaluation to determine how the therapies can combine.
How to Find a Red Light Therapy Provider
If you’re interested in trying red light therapy, our team at Gindele Family Chiropractic in Southwest Florida is here to help. We know the benefits of combining different types of therapies to help and heal the whole you, and know that no two cases are the same. Contact us today to start feeling your absolute best!