Is Your Diet Causing Inflammation In Your Body??
Inflammation can be caused by a wide variety factors in your body, whether it is trauma related, overuse or repetitive stress, or even from your dietary choices. Below will outline food choices that will promote health and reduce inflammation assisting your body to heal faster and be more efficient, allowing you to do all of the things in life you love to do!
- All Grains and Grain Products: Including white bread, whole wheat bread, pasta, cereal, pretzels, crackers and any other product made with grains or flours from grains. This also includes most desserts and packaged foods.
- Partially Hydrogenated Oils (trans fats): found in margarine, deep fried foods (French fries, etc.) and most packaged foods.
- Seed and Legume Oils (inaccurately called vegetable oils): Corn oil, safflower oil, sunflower oil, cottonseed oil, peanut oil, soybean oil and foods made with these oils such as mayonnaise, tarter sauce, margarine, salad dressings and many packaged foods. These oils/foods contain extremely high levels inflammatory omega-6 fatty acids.
- Soda and Sugar
- Dairy and Soy: when consumed as staples
- Meat and Eggs: from grain fed animals
- All Fruits and Vegetables: eaten raw or lightly cooked
- Red and Sweet Potatoes: eaten with protein such as eggs, fish, meat or fowl
- Fresh Fish: avoid farm-raised tilapia, catfish, basa and bronzini they have elevated levels of inflammatory omega-6 fatty acids
- Meat, Chicken, Eggs from Grass-Fed Animals: Eatwild.com is a website that lists producers of grass-fed animals. Do the best you can to get lean cuts of regular meats otherwise.
- Wild Game: including Deer (venison), Elk, etc. Animals that feed on vegetation in the wild.
- Anti-Inflammatory Omega-3 Eggs and/or Egg Whites
- Raw Nuts: such as almonds, cashews, walnuts, hazelnuts, pistachios, Brazil nuts, and macadamia nuts.
- Spices: such as ginger, turmeric, garlic, dill, oregano, coriander, fennel, red chili pepper, basil, rosemary, etc. If you wish you can add a little sea salt.
- Oils and Fats: moderate mounts of organic butter, coconut oil, and extra virgin olive oil. Butter from grass fed cows is also a healthy choice.
- Salad Dressing Choices: an example is extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, or lemon juice, mustard, along with spices.
- Beverages: water, organic green tea, and if you choose to drink alcohol, red wine and stout beer are the best choices